Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳. Need a reason to get the campfire started in the morning? Here's the recipe Breakfast Skillet Recipe Southwestern Home Fries With Sausage. Quick And Easy Breakfast/Brunch Recipe Idea.
Packed with delicious Tex-Mex flavors like jalapeño and red peppers, cilantro and chunky salsa, Southwest-Style Cheesy. Preheat a large skillet on medium-high heat. While you have the margarine melting in the warming skillet, chop the potatoes, leaving the skins on. You can have Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳
- You need 1 cup of frozen hash browns.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced purple onion.
- Prepare 2 of diced portobello mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a jalepeno FINELY diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced cheddar smoked sausage or you could use ground Chorizo.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- It’s 1 of corn tortilla cut into thin strips.
- It’s To taste of Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, sazon, adobo.
Bold and flavorful with a hint of spice, this southwest breakfast skillet is a great (and healthy) way to start your morning! Southwest seasoned ground turkey and scrambled eggs are topped with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and salsa. It's perfect for meal prep, a weekend breakfast or even dinner! I can't even tell you how nice it's been this week to have our house back and not under construction. ~ This easy Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Scramble recipe is a fresh, healthy take on restaurant "skillet" breakfasts.
Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 instructions
- Heat oil to 375 either in a deep fryer or put a half inch of oil in a shallow fry pan and heat to 375..
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and place them on a paper towel. Fry both eggs to desired doneness in the same oil..
- In a pan mix the potatoes, onion, peppers and spices and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Remove and place in a bowl and top with eggs and tortillas strips and cheese..
- You can serve with salsa and tortillas if you like..
- Mix in mushrooms and your smoked sausage. Cook another 5-7 minutes until hash brown potatoes are crispy..
So good … true breakfast comfort food! Filled with peppers, onions, cheese and even a bit of smoky bacon. Bonus: Not only is it simple to toss together, but leftovers reheat brilliantly. View the recipe and nutrition for Southwest Chicken Breakfast Skillet (Amy), including calories, carbs, fat, protein, cholesterol, and more. Want to use it in a meal plan?