Brad's eggplant au gratin. I LOVE eggplant and have making it this way for many years. I grill my eggplant first instead of baking. Sometimes I add sliced tomatoes in the layering process.
This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband's birthday and everyone absolutely loved it. As a matter of fact, what not love? You can cook Brad's eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's eggplant au gratin
- It’s 1 of lg eggplant.
- You need 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. The most popular eggplant recipes are usually those in which they are stuffed with some other ingredient. This time, we present a lasagna with this fruit, au gratin with delicious Manchego cheese.
Brad's eggplant au gratin instructions
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
The au gratin topping should be golden brown, which can be achieved by baking or by placing the dish under a broiler. It's a versatile topper that's an easy Vegetables such as cauliflower, green beans, eggplant or tomatoes can be prepared au gratin. Unlike with potatoes, some vegetable gratins. Eggplant Au Gratin with Feta Cheese. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf.