Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot). Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers. I thought it was a welcome change from my normal crock pot roast. I also thought the peppers were a nice addition to the roast.
It's typically made with a chuck roast. You won't believe how unbelievably amazing this tastes! Grab the FULL recipe and a FREE printable recipe. You can have Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot)
- Prepare 3-4 lb. of roast.
- It’s 1 oz. of ranch dressing packet (powder).
- You need 1 oz. of onion soup envelope (powder).
- Prepare 1 stick of (or quarter lb.) of butter.
- Prepare 16 oz. of jar of pepperoncini, including apx. 2 TBS. of the juice from the jar.
This easy Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe will quickly become your favorite meal for the Crock Pot, Instant Pot, or the Oven! Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with a little black pepper and a little seasoned salt. Sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Deliciously tender Mississippi Pot Roast is the easiest keto crockpot recipe you'll ever make with a unique flavor combining the simplest ingredients to provide Southern comfort soul food like no other!
Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) instructions
- Place roast in the crockpot (slow cooker) Sprayed with cooking spray. Some people prefer to brown the meat first, but I find this isn’t necessary..
- Coat roast with the ranch powder mix and onion soup mix..
- Top with a stick of butter..
- Place pepperoncini around the roast and pour in the juice from the jar (about 2 TBS)..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours..
- After it’s cooked, shred with a fork, mix well and serve over mashed potatoes..
How to Make Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches. And if you are looking for even more easy crock pot recipe inspiration, keep scrolling past the recipe for some other great crock pot dinner ideas from some of my favorite food blogging friends! This Mississippi pot roast recipe is everything it's cracked up to be! Fall-apart tender with a robust gravy flavored with ranch and pepperoncini peppers. Mississippi pot roast is the easiest thing to make.