Tuna melt stuffed portobellos. Portobello Tuna Melts are a healthier version of the old-school tuna melts you may know. This healthy tuna recipe features a no-mayo tuna salad and a portobello mushroom cap as a base The tuna salad is divided and stuffed into the tender mushroom caps. This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers.
A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever. A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish". You can have Tuna melt stuffed portobellos using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna melt stuffed portobellos
- It’s 2 cans of flaked light tuna, drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of colored bell pepper, diced (I used yellow).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of mustard leafs, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayo (I used Hellmann's).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasonning.
- It’s to taste of Fresh groung black pepper.
- It’s 4 of portobello heads, emptied.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
There are some who think the best tuna melt recipes absolutely must. It doesn't get much better than a low-carb, Philly Cheesesteak stuffed in a Portobello Mushroom! Steak and mushrooms work so well together, so why not make stuff them with this cheesy deliciousness! Deli-inspired tuna melts have a slight smoky flavor when prepared on the grill.
Tuna melt stuffed portobellos step by step
- In a bowl, mix together seven first ingredients..
- Lay portobello heads on a foiled cookie sheet and fill in the portobello heads with tuna mix..
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs..
- Cook in pre-heated oven at 400° for 20 minutes..
- Cook at broil a couple of minutes till top is golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with a green salade and/or french fries..
MORE+ LESS This tuna melt is the best! When I saw the double layer of cheese, I just had to give it a try. The layer of cheese melted over the top engulfs the tuna salad and keeps it in place. What a great dish to serve while watching a football game. Reviews for: Photos of Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps.