5-Ingredient Tuna Melt. This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers. Pour tuna into a round bowl. Add four big scoops of mayonnaise.
The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish". There are some who think the best tuna melt recipes absolutely must be made with American cheese To make the best tuna melt recipe, start by preparing a tuna fish salad! Simply mix the ingredients together (this part can be done ahead of time. You can have 5-Ingredient Tuna Melt using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 5-Ingredient Tuna Melt
- It’s 4 of big scoops of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare of any kind of sliced cheese.
- Prepare of any sliced bread.
- Prepare of butter.
This was an excellent, yet basic tuna melt recipe. It was not too difficult to prepare, and it was so tasty. This tuna melt is the best! When I saw the double layer of cheese, I just had to give it a try.
5-Ingredient Tuna Melt step by step
- Open can of tuna.
- Pour tuna into a round bowl.
- Add four big scoops of mayonnaise.
- Mix mayo and tuna together until it looks pink and white all together and you got a nice texture. (You can make two sandwiches with one can).
- Grab two slices of bread and place them in a plate.
- Gently place the slice of cheese on one of the bread slices.
- Put the tuna mix on the slice of bread with cheese (not too much).
- Close the sandwich.
- Turn heat on stove (not too high, not too low) and place butter on pan. Let it sit and melt until it is nothing but sizzling liquid.
- Place sandwich on pan. Let one side sit for about 6 minutes, then flip so the other side can cook. Bread must look brownish and hard..
- Serve ;).
The layer of cheese melted over the top engulfs the tuna salad and keeps it in place. What a great dish to serve while watching a football game. Healthy Tuna Melt Recipe with wild tuna, a bit of cream cheese and no mayo, served on whole grain English muffin. Serving tuna melt on English muffin with sliced fresh vegetables makes it a complete meal – protein, complex carbs and fat (a little organic dairy fat is totally fine). The tuna melt… you either love it or hate it.