You can cook Hamburger Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- You need of Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of peas (do not drain).
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 packet of brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Potatoes.
- It’s 6-8 of large white or gold potatoes.
- You need 1/2-1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Hamburger Gravy step by step
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling… brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers… drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.