Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha. In Japan, we just call it "white sauce" (ホワイトソース). The cheesy creamy sauce is often used to make soups and stews like my Clam Chowder, and Japanese White Stew (ホワイトシチュー) recipes. See recipes for Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha too. [Photographs: Vicky Wasik] This easy sheet-pan dinner manages to pull out all the stops, delivering tender chicken thighs with crispy skin, a potato-fennel gratin that's in turns creamy and crispy, and a dead-simple "sheet-pan" sauce that amounts to little more than popping open a can of beer and stirring in some mustard.
Creamy white sauce, healthy veggies and the cheesy crust, this au gratin is pre cooked and then baked in the oven. Gratins of all kinds are served in Morocco, from very simple and classic gratins flavored with cream, nutmeg and a hint of garlic; to more robust, cheesy concoctions like the vegetable gratin featured here. For this dish, cauliflower is pre-cooked until barely tender, then covered with a rich, cheesy bechamel sauce before being baked. You can have Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha
- It’s 1 pound (454 g) of penne pasta.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 (200 g) of kabocha squash (bite size cut).
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 TBSP of flour.
- It’s 300 ml of milk.
- You need 600 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 cube of chicken stock.
- Prepare 170 g of Italian cheese mix(mozzarella, provolone, cheddar).
- It’s 2 TBSP of parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 TBSP of bread crumbs.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Truffle salt (if you prefer).
Take the white sauce off the heat and add half cup of cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. To assemble the Chicken, Mushroom And Broccoli Au Gratin. This spicy, cheesy chicken soup is a quick and easy crowd-pleaser. Add a little Mexican flair to your potatoes with this recipe.
Cheesy white sauce gratin with chicken and kabocha step by step
- In a microwave safe glass container, pour 1/2 inch of water and place in kabocha. Microwave for 3 minutes..
- In a large pan, medium heat, melt butter and add sliced onion until it gets clear, 3 minutes. Put it aside..
- In the same pan, sauté chicken until it’s golden brown, 5 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, in a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Cook penne for al dente..
- While pasta is cooking, add back the sautéed onion and cooked kabocha into the pan. Add salt and pepper to adjust the flavor..
- Add flour to the pan and mix very well until you don’t see any flour..
- Add milk and heavy whipping cream 150 ml at a time..
- After finishing pouring all the milk, add cooked pasta. Add the bay leaf and sliced chicken stock cube into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour ➑ into the oven safe 9 x 13 inch container. Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle over with Italian cheese mix, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs..
- Bake it for 14 min at 425F until it’s golden brown like this!.
- Truffle salt is a great addition to this dish if you are feeling fancy!.
Simple to prepare using only our Au Gratin Homestyle Casserole and a few Mexican food staples. Best served topped with crushed tortilla chips.. Canned chicken, hot sauce, and cheese. Mexican spiced chicken topped with a creamy cheese sauce makes this, dinner delicious any night of the week. Pair it with the Perfect Mexican Rice for a complete meal that your family will be begging for more.