Mincemeat. Перевод слова mincemeat, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция to make mincemeat of smb. — ≅ превратить кого-л. в котлету; оставить мокрое место от кого-л. Mincemeat is a traditional English treat that is usually used as filling for mince pies during This recipe uses butter instead of the traditional suet, which makes this mincemeat suitable for vegetarians. Can Mincemeat Be Canned For Long-Term Storage?
The term gets its name from fine cutting of animal ingredients and fruit, essentially mincing the ingredients needed to make mincemeat. A mixture, as of finely chopped apples, raisins. For minced meat, see Ground meat. You can have Mincemeat using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat
- It’s 600 grams of apple, very finely diced.
- Prepare 300 grams of butter (or vegan shortening).
- Prepare 450 grams of Thompson raisins.
- You need 275 grams of golden raisins.
- Prepare 275 grams of currants.
- It’s 450 grams of brown sugar.
- You need 500 ml of orange marmalade (I use dark).
- It’s 275 grams of mixed citrus peel.
- Prepare 100 grams of citron peel.
- Prepare 75 grams of slivered almonds.
- You need 10 grams of cinnamon.
- You need 2 grams of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cardamom.
- It’s 5 grams of ground allspice.
- Prepare 125 ml of brandy or rum.
Mincemeat definition is – minced meat. Mincemeat, the traditional filling for mince pies, is a spicy preserve comprising a mixture of dried fruit, apple, suet and candied fruit and spices steeped in rum or brandy. Homemade Mincemeat is a spicy sweet preserve consisting of a mixture or dried and candied fruits, apples, and spices that are heavily laced with brandy or rum. With Demo Video. mincemeat перевод в словаре английский – русский.
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat..
- Let simmer 45-60 minutes, until the dried fruits are plum and the mixture begins to thicken..
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 month,.
A mixture of fruit, spices and sugar used as a filling for mince pies. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.) mincemeat (countable and uncountable, plural mincemeats). A mixture of fruit, spices and sugar used as a filling for mince pies. (rare) Minced meat, mince. (by analogy). Mincemeat also possesses a strong connection to Christianity and Christmas, more specifically, as View image.