Beef 'n Cheddar burritos. Beef 'n Cheddar burritos These are casual enough to be a snack and hefty enough (served with some sides) to be a dinner. The rice was creamy/cheesy and the flavors mixed well with the broccoli and beef. The pan I used was slightly too small but I was fine with that because the edges of the tortillas.
Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in an airtight container. To use, remove foil; place a paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. You can cook Beef 'n Cheddar burritos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef 'n Cheddar burritos
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 package of ready-made flour tortillas (burrito-sized).
Burrito news is the best news! Sign up for coupons and contests. Add a tablespoon or more of Cheddar cheese. Fold both sides in, then fold and roll over mixture to seal burrito.
Beef 'n Cheddar burritos instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and fry for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the beef to the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks and browns. Let fry for about 10 minutes until mostly cooked. Use a spoon to drain away any excess oil..
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and spices and continue frying 5 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and starting to caramelize. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the water and let it come to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and replace it with a large nonstick pan..
- Assemble the burritos by placing 2 tbsp cheese in a small horizontal line along the centre of the tortilla. On top of that put 2 tbsp of the meat filling. Fold up the tortilla at both ends then roll the burrito away from you until you have a nice big tube. Press down lightly on the burritos to flatten them a bit..
- Brush the burritos with a little veg oil and fry them in the nonstick pan for 1 minute on each side. Serve with your favourite toppings and sauces..
Today, we're taking a look at the Red's Beef, Bean & Cheddar Burrito. Now, Red's burritos don't come without a bit of work. The cooking method is honestly a bit strange. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until softened. Then add the ground beef and cook until the beef is cooked through.