Beef stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff. An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles. Made with the best beef stroganoff sauce.
Count Stroganoff's chef (who was likely French), created the dish and named it. Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal. Why should beef stroganoff come from a box. You can have Beef stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff
- You need 1 lb of beef cut into tin slices.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 package of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion chives.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. Prepare the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside. This homemade Beef Stroganoff recipe will make you fall in love with juicy and tender beef!
Beef stroganoff step by step
- Cut the beef into tin pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat in a butter.
- After a few minutes while the beef is brown remove and separate it and set aside the beef sauce.
- Put a butter and saute the mushrooms, minced garlic, and minced onion to the skillet and let it cooked until the mushroom become slightly brown.
- Add the spices and sauté it for about 5 mins.
- Add the beef broth and the beef sauce that you set aside. Let it simmer until the beef if fully cooked.
- Once the beef is cooked add the whipping cream and mix it.
- Let it simmer for about 5 mins.
- Top with onion chives and enjoy.
Homemade beef stroganoff is a crowd favorite! Beef stroganoff is a hearty dish loaded with chunks of sirloin steak and chopped mushrooms, tossed in a savory cream sauce. This hot plate of beef stroganoff satisfies both steak and pasta cravings. This classic stroganoff recipe features thin slices of sautéed beef with mushrooms and onions in a sour cream sauce, all served over buttery egg noodles. Beef and mushrooms are always a great match, and this recipe for classic Beef Stroganoff shows off exactly why.