Olive Oil Poached Tuna (Tuna Confit).
You can have Olive Oil Poached Tuna (Tuna Confit) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Olive Oil Poached Tuna (Tuna Confit)
- It’s 300 gr of fresh tuna.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 cups of olive oil, or as needed.
- It’s of sea salt, optional.
Olive Oil Poached Tuna (Tuna Confit) step by step
- Let tuna back to room temperature. Cut it into several pieces as needed..
- Combine garlic and thyme on a heavy skillet. Pour over enough olive oil to just cover the tuna. Heat it on medium heat until the garlic begin to sizzles..
- Place tuna in hot oil and reduce heat to low. Cook it in hot oil and spooning oil over tuna constantly until the color turn to white, around 5 minutes. Flip it once if needed. Turn off heat..
- Remove from heat and transfer all of them to container. Let stand until room temperature..
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or 24 hours..
- Remove tuna to another container, sprinkle sea salt over the fish. Strain the oil from garlic and thyme, you can re-use the oil for another..