Easy Country Pot Roast.
You can have Easy Country Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Country Pot Roast
- It’s 1 (4 pound) of beef chuck roast.
- You need 1 tsp of Bacon drippings (or olive oil).
- Prepare 1 of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Baby carrots.
- It’s 10 of small Potatoes.
- Prepare 10 of Pearl onions.
- You need 3 of Parsnips, cut in 1 inch strips.
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- It’s 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 envelope of Pot Roast or stew seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Easy Country Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle the roast with garlic salt and pepper..
- Melt the bacon drippings in a large frying pan on high heat..
- Gently place the roast in the pan..
- Sear all sides of the roast including the edges..
- Holding the lid over the majority of the pan, quickly pour in 3 cups of water. Steam will be hot..
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer for 4 hours..
- An hour before you want to eat, add all the veggies. Arrange them around the meat so they are mostly covered with broth..
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over everything, cover and turn up the heat to medium low..
- Divide the meat into chunks after 30 minutes so the broth can flavor the meaty morsels even more..
- Simmer for an hour, allow to sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.