You can have Beef Tongseng using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Tongseng
- You need 400 gr of brisket, cut into bite size.
- Prepare 6 of small tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes.
- You need 5 of cabbage leaves, roughly cut some bird eye chili peppers (to taste-optional).
- Prepare 2 of green onions, cut 1 inch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass, bruised.
- It’s 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 350 ml of water.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of fried shallots for garnish.
- You need of Ground spices:.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 6 cloves of shallots.
- You need 6 of red chili peppers.
- You need 3 of bird eye chili peppers (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 3 of nutmeg.
Beef Tongseng instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté ground spices, lemongrass, and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add curry powder. Mix well..
- Add beef. Cook until the meat change color. Remove from the heat..
- Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add water, salt, sugar, white pepper powder, and beef bouillon. Cover the pot. Cook on high for 4 hours..
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, bird eye chili peppers (if you use some), and sweet soy sauce. Cook again for 15 minutes. Remove the pot..
- Serve immediately over steamed with rice and garnish with fried shallots! Yum 😋.