Swiss Chard, Tuna & Quinoa Casserole.
You can have Swiss Chard, Tuna & Quinoa Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swiss Chard, Tuna & Quinoa Casserole
- You need 1 bunch of red swiss chard.
- You need 1 small of winter squash.
- Prepare 2 can of tuna in water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry taragon.
- Prepare 1 of dry bay leaf.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Swiss Chard, Tuna & Quinoa Casserole step by step
- Cut the winter squash in two, remove seeds, peel it and cut into 3/4" cubes.
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth with the squash, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the bay leaf, as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, wash the swiss chard thouroughly under water then cut stems into 3/4" pieces and the leafs coarsly.
- In a large pan, heat the rest of the olive oil at medium/high heat and cook the swiss chard stems for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add the swiss chard leafs a bunch at a time and cook till tender.
- Add tuna, taragon and ground black pepper, mix well, cover and let stand on low heat till tuna gets warm.
- Add the quinoa & squash mix to the pan, mix well and serve.