You can cook Breakfast Casserole using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Casserole
- Prepare 1 pound of lean ground beef, or turkey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt, DIVIDED.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s to taste of Freshly ground black pepper,.
- Prepare 6 ounces of (about 1 1/2 cups) grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
Breakfast Casserole instructions
- Place an oven rack in the center position of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- by 13-inch baking dish (or coat with cooking spray)..
- Set a large skillet, pan, pot, or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart and stirring as the meat cooks. In the meantime, mix the brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a small bowl until combined; set aside. Once the meat is done cooking, drain the grease from the skillet and stir in the spice blend. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow to cool f.
- Spread the seasoned meat in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the meat with the grated cheddar. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper (to taste) until well combined. Evenly pour the egg mixture over the beef/cheese in the dish..
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the eggs are puffed and golden brown and the center is set. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving..