Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna.
You can have Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna
- Prepare of Ahi Tuna Steak.
- It’s of Chia seeds (typically sesame seeds, black/white for aesthetics).
- Prepare of Green beans (optional).
- You need of Garlic (optional).
- It’s of Red wine (fancy optional).
- You need of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Rice vinegar.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Lemon (optional).
- You need of Sweet chilli sauce (optional).
Chia Seed Crusted Ahi Tuna instructions
- Cut veggies and set aside. I chopped garlic and cut green beans down to 1" pieces..
- Prep tuna to room temperature, pat down excess moisture and set aside. This will allow the sauce to stick to the tuna easier..
- Prep seasoning. Mix salt, pepper, and chia seeds on a flat plate. Salt and pepper is to taste and seeds can be applied liberally..
- Prep sauce. Mix about a tbsp of soy sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar (to taste), and lemon. Set aside..
- Prep tuna. Apply sauce mixture to tuna, coating all sides. Then dip tuna in seasoning and coat all sides. Set aside..
- Heat pan and add cold oil to prevent sticking. Add seasoned tuna to pan and sear for no longer than 1 min (the photo is roughly 30 seconds). Then flip and repeat to other side. You may add garlic here if you want to combine flavors. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Stir fry veggies..
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice tuna (less than 1/8")..
- Combine all elements to a nice presentation plate, please get fancy. Immediately serve..