Spelt sweet potato taco shell. These easy homemade tortillas are great for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or just. This kid-approved dinner recipe is almost as easy as making tacos in a traditional tortilla shell. Actually, it might be easier because you Tacos wouldn't be tacos without salsa: rustle up a store-bought one that meets Paleo guidelines (remember: no corn!) or make your.
Roast the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Just assemble the tacos with the sauce, sweet potatoes, and black very very tasty. even my meat loving husband thought it was delicious! I had to use hard taco shells. all the flavors just melled together beautifully. You can have Spelt sweet potato taco shell using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spelt sweet potato taco shell
- Prepare 1 Cup of mashed Boniato sweet potato (PLU#4546) or other varities.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Fresh milled Organic spelt flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Taco Tastes: These sweet Potato Tacos at Guerrilla Tacos in the Arts District may be the best meatless tacos in Los Angeles. I envisioned cubes of sweet potatoes roasted with so much spice, it almost forms a crust, and then Black bean and sweet potato tacos have been in the meal rotation for a long while and loved in our These are delicious! We had them in crispy blue corn shells, with guacamole and pickled red onions. Home made crunchy taco shells are excellent!
Spelt sweet potato taco shell step by step
- Steam several similar size Boniato sweet potato in a steamer or the top steamer in an Aroma rice cooker for 25 minutes or more until fork easily could get through.
- Cool your sweet potato once cooked in a large plate until your hands can handle. Remove the peel of those sweet potatoes by hand and mash them in a measuring cup until you get 1 full cup. Transfer it into a mixing bowl..
- Measure 2 cups of organic spelt flour and add them into the same mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Mixing them well by hand or a mixer. Rest the dough in a ziplock bag for at least 6 hours in a warm spot. I typically use oven with the lamp on, it gives a nice temperature of around 90F..
- After resting for a nice 6 hours, cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each divided piece into a small ball, and flat it by hand and roll the dough into a 8-9 inch round taco shell..
- Cook it on a flat pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side until you see small or big bubbles puff up and the color turns to darker brown and aromatic. If you leave it longer with low heat, the shell will be more crispy..
- As for fillings, I like to sauté some veggies with baked chicken or shredded pork. Cooked brown rice or beans would go very well with this shell. Top with fresh diced organic tomatoes and chopped cilantro. A touch of fresh lime juice would maximize the flavor profile..
Use home made tortillas, or corn tortillas from the store. Taco shells cooked at home give your tacos a very authentic taste and make a meal that is restaurant quality! These sweet potato tacos get a protein boost with a little TVP in the mix. Fill the shells with the sweet potato mix and top with cilantro. Squeeze a little lime juice on just before eating.