Au Gratin Potatoes. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp.
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there. You can cook Au Gratin Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Au Gratin Potatoes
- It’s 4 of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- You need 1 of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 TBS of flower.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
Here's the best way to cook homemade au gratin potatoes at home before your holiday meal. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals! Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps.
Au Gratin Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it's ready to serve..
Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious. Scalloped Potatoes -What Is the Difference? The two have come to be confused and are often used interchangeably as any online search will show. Potatoes Au Gratin is a French classic recipe, perfect served in colder weather as a side dish. It has a delicious, fondant base made with thinly sliced potatoes, covered in cream, which creates the most.