Beef Caldereta. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Ingredients such as potato, carrots, bell peppers, and olives are also utilized when.
Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. Traditionally, Caldereta is prepared using goat meat. But since it is rather difficult to come by, I opted. You can have Beef Caldereta using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Caldereta
- Prepare 1/2 of bulb of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 of big or 1 small onion minced (red or white).
- Prepare 2 of carrots small to medium size cubed.
- It’s 1 of medium size potato cubed.
- It’s 2 of small bell peppers cubed (green or red).
- You need 4 of red small hot chilli peppers chopped.
- It’s 1 kg of beef cubes.
- Prepare 2 pcs of beef broth cubes.
- It’s 1 can of liver spread.
- Prepare 1 of big pack tomato sauce (Filipino Style or Italian Style).
- Prepare 1 of small pack tomato paste.
- Prepare of Vegetable Oil.
- You need of Butter.
Beef Kaldereta (Caldereta) is a popular Filipino stew that is served during parties and holidays. There are so many great Filipino stews and a couple of my favorites that I've shared before include chicken. I live in the Philippines and this dish was prepared by my Filipino wife, it is the common recipe for Caldereta in the Philippines. This beef kaldereta recipe yields a tasty stew with tender beef.
Beef Caldereta instructions
- Tenderize the beef in water with beef cubes using pressure cooker for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs until meat is fork-tender..
- Remove and discard the fatty liquid from beef broth. Separate the beef cubes from the broth. Do not discard the remaining beef broth..
- In a different pan, sauté the bell peppers in butter or vegetable oil until aromat and then set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté carrots in butter or vegetable oil until it turns into a vibrant orange and achieves softer bite. Set aside..
- In the same pan, fry potato cubes in butter and add salt. Once it softens a bit, set aside..
- In the same pan, sauté the onions until aromat. Add the garlic and sauté until aromat. Fry the beef cubes until brown..
- Place the tomato sauce and tomato paste in the mixture. Add in about a cup or so of the beef broth from earlier to add more sauce to the dish..
- Put in one can of liver spread and mix well..
- Add in the bell peppers, carrots and potatoes in the mixture..
- Finally, mix the chopped red hot chilli peppers to the dish and wait until the mixture boils..
- Taste before serving. Some people add white or brown sugar to taste for sweet tooths. Serve..
The secret to this special beef kaldereta recipe? We added peanut butter and coconut milk to the mix. Beef Caldereta is a Filipino Kaldereta Recipe that uses beef. Caldereta or Kaldereta is a classic filipino dish in which every filipino household has its own version in cooking this recipe. This Beef Caldereta recipe (Kaldereta) gives you know-how on preparing this hearty dish.