Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prepare of Marinate (At least 1 Hr).
- It’s of Plain Yogurt.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of Cayenne.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Ginger Root.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces.
- It’s of Skewer and Grill.
- You need of Wooden Skewers.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s of Salted Butter.
- Prepare of Garlic, Minced.
- It’s of Jalapeno, Diced.
- It’s of Cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Heavy Cream.
- It’s of White Rice.
- You need of White Rice/ Couscous.
- It’s of Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2.
- Prepare of Add Cilantro for Freshness.
Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though).
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers..
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous.
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic..
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7..
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes..
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using..